Sunday, December 03, 2006

Giving & Receiving

Our family loves this time of year so we can share with others and have the spirit of giving in our hearts. We have tried to instill this spirit in our girls so they will love givign to others especially those who are less fortunate than us. We love making and delivering treats to friends and neighbors and love shpping for children in the community that will not have a Christmas without the help of others. We are planning on buying toys or clothes for someone in need but haven't done that yet.



One of our favorite things to do is to make these yummy pretzels topped with Hugs and an M&M and give take them to people we Visit & Home teach. Well on Sunday, Greg was working all day & Maryn was down for a nap so I thought it was the perfect time for us to make our treats so we could deliver some when Greg came home. After getting everythin gready I realized Maci had fallen asleep watching a CHristmas movie but Mackenzi anI continued to make them. I figured Maci could help dlever them and she would be happy. When she woke upm she was a bit upset, NOT because we made them without her BUT because I told her they were not for us and she couldn't have any. She soon got happier when I let her eat the ones that were too messy to to give away. We had a fun afternoon and only were able to deliver one set of goodies because it became too late.



It is really easy to do if you ever need a simple treat to give. Just place the hugs on the pretzels and put in a 200 degree oven for just a few minutes (iusually less than five) and then take them out and press an M&M on top. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer so the chocolate will harden and Wholla! Quick, tasty, treat!







The Clouses didn't let us down this year. They were on our doorstep on the day we all thought they would be, dawning their red blinking noses, singing out "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer", and bearing our family Christmas gifts. They are so on top of things and really stick to their tradition of bringing our gift on the first FHE of December. Y'all are great and so with it!



Jenny made us this family sign, which I love, a cute "believe" ornament, and then the girls got their Dear Santa clip board. We were all excited to get our gifts and love all of them. Thanks Clouse Clan for being the best friends and neighbors we could ask for. We love you all.

7 comments:

Anna said...

I love those pretzel treats too! That Santa clipboard is so cute. Jenny is creative!

jenny said...

Those treats look super easy and yum--um I may be inviting myself over for Christmas eve for some of those :)

Glad you liked it the signs. After giving them to you --you probably were wondering where the heck you could put another wood sign.

Bridget said...

The pretzels look great! I might be trying those this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about the pretzel treats. I have to go to an obligatory cookie exchange tonight and I don't enjoy baking. I was just on my way to the store when I read your blog and switched my plans to make the pretzel treats. They took less than 10 minutes from start to finish and there was no mess!

sista # 2 said...

Loved the photos!The pretzels I'm sure are so tasty -plus way cute!!
I'm going to have the kids make those today for their friend's gifts!(unless they eat 'em all first) So, thanks a ton! -ciao

michelle said...

The Clouse gifts are way cute, so wonderful to have great friends and neighbors!

I had never had those pretzel treats until Jana made them for us last year. You gotta love a quick & painless yummy treat.

Anne said...

I made the pretzel treats with my nieces and nephews tonight. So much fun! Unfortunately Hershey's must not have Virginia on their Hugs delivery route because I couldn't find them anywhere. I used Peppermint and Caramel kisses instead. The peppermint ones turned out so incredibly cute. Thanks for the great idea!