Saturday, November 25, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Happy 6th Birthday Madison!

Our niece Maddie clebrated her 6th birthday last Sunday, Nov, 19th. Sorry Maddie that this is a late but things have been a bit crazy around here lately. We hope you had a fun filled day with lots of laughs, smiles, and great memories. We love you.


Maci had her Thanksgiving feast at school last week, but haven't had a chance to blog about it. They made indian vests and headbands and made turkeys out of fruit. They were able to go to the cafeteria with the other 5 kindergaerten classes to eat the turkey dinner they were serving in the cafeteria that day. It was a bit funny to see that most of the kids chose the OTHER entree that was being served instead of the turkey. Guess what that meant over half of the kindergartners ate for their Thanksgiving feast? None other than a HOT DOG!! Sounds real yummy, right?



Mackenzi still has been swimming four nights a week and is loving it. We haven't decided if we should continue to pursue the official swim team or not. It is a lot to deal with and long nights, with school kids isn't all fun and games. She does wo well and enjoys it so much I feel guilty not to continue to let her do something she likes. I'll keep you posted on what we decide.


We met up with Jenny & Doug on Sat urday night to have an early birhtday dinner for Greg. Jenny's mom had flown in to drive home with her so they were free from their kids. We got a girl from church to come over and we met up with them at Salt Grass when Greg got home from work. We had a fun time laughing, telling stories, and stuffing ourselves. Theres' nothing better than great food & great friends! Thanks guys for a fun night.



This is part of my CTR 5-6 year old class at church. I promised them the week before I would bring them a treat for doing so well on their parts and songs in the primary program. Knwoing all to well of the messes they can make I opted to take them outside to eat the brownies, BUT as soon as we got out bees swarmed us. We ended up having our treat right inside the doorway. I love my class and and so blessed to feel og their sweet spirits each week. They teach me so much.
Note- Jared and Chyna were not at church so I will need to take another picture when they are all together.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe you guys didn't go to Chuy's for Greg's birthday dinner.

michelle said...

I would be so torn with the swimming thing. I'd love for my kids to have a sport that they're good at and enjoy, but I hate the time it takes, etc. Nights would be a problem for me. But such a cute picture of her swimming!

jenny said...

I say you need to persue the swimming thing. She seriously has a natural talent for it. I have been telling you that for the past 2 years. I know it is going to be painful with all of those practices.

And yes, you have to take a picture again because Jared is not in it---j/k. I think you should have posted Shawn's picture and told about it. Hee hee.

Amie said...

Wow, I feel sort of caught up. Camping for Thanksgiving is a fun tradition. We camp in trailers too so camping it doable for me.

Good luck with the swimming decision, I hate making hard choices.