Saturday, May 27, 2006

my new best friend


Friday was yard day for me, so I decided to post about my new lawn mower.
After using the lawn mower we bought from the previous owner of our house four years ago I had to get a new one. It had gotten harder and harder to start and was always the loudest mower on the street. We did get our moneys worth since it only cost us 10 bucks. It was kinda sad to get rid of the old one, it was like my friend. I spend several hours a week and sometimes twice a week with the mower. It is nice to have one that starts easy and is a lot quieter.
I enjoy doing the yard myself. I grew up mowing our grass at home but with a riding mower so I have been use to doing this kind of work. Some of Greg's fellow residents and attendings give him a hard time about me mowing the lawn. He always say,"She won't let me do it". Which is right. I have a certain way I like it done and anyway it is like an extra mini workout for me. I feel like it is the least I could do (he still has to use the weed eater I haven't mastered our corner lot and all the sidewalk that has to be edged), when he gets home I don't want him to have to spend the time outside doing something I enjoy and am capable of doing, instead of spending time with us.
Anyway, here is a picture of me and my new best friend.

1 comment:

jenny said...

I should of had to walk on down and do mine so I don't have to do it tomorrow! I am totally dreading it. I am glad you have become aquainted with your "new" friend.