Thursday, May 25, 2006

Practice Swim Meet

Today we had a practice swim meet for the girls. They both did pretty well. Maci is in the 6 and under group and was given the option to either swim just the length of the deep end(which isn't that far,I could probably jump half way across) or swim the full length , 25 meters. She opted for the latter. I was a bit concerned since last year she only swam the full length once and that was stopping and holding on to the side a few times. As you can see she made it and was very proud of herself, as were we.
Mackenzi is in the 8 and under group and she swims two events, the backstroke and freestyle and then she is in the freestyle relay. I got to see her swim the backstroke and she was first in her heat. I left before she swam the freestyle. (I went to dinner with some friends because Bridget, a friend that lived here for her husbands residency came back to visit. They now live in Nebraska and her husband is in practice there). Anyway back to swim, Greg said Mackenzi did really well in the freestyle and the relay. She really loves to swim and is good at it. I know I am biased but I think she has found her nitch. I love watching them participate and seeing them so proud of themselves. Go Stingrays!

2 comments:

jenny said...

Glad to see that the swimmeet went well. Wish I could have enjoyed dinner at Chuy's with y'all. I will try and call you later after site seeing stuff...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Mackenzi found her favorite! What great pictures of the girls! I wish I could see them swim in a meet! Love-b