Sunday, January 14, 2007

There's a Chill In The Air!

I know, I know, I live in Texas and we have abnormally warm weather hear most of the time. But there is an arctic front making it's way towards us that came from Canada. Most of you are already experiencing down right frigid temperatures. I looked on line to see how the weather is in Utah and was shockd to see the low today was -6 and the high is only going to be 15 degrees. I think I would die if I had to experience that.


A not so good picture of the weather we are getting. Notice my neighbors STILL have their Christmas lights on and it is JAN 14TH!!!!


Anyway, tonight we are supposed to get sleet and freezing rain and the high tomorrow is going to only be 35!! Then it is going to continue to drizzle rain. Tuesday the high is only going be 36. I have no idea what i'm going to do with myself with rain and freezing temps, my two LEAST favorite weather issues. I get way depressed when it rains, and the only time I enjoy the rain is at night when it makes me sleep better. When it is cold(anything below 45 degrees) I literally fell like I am going to break in half. I walk around shivering, my bones and joints ache, and I'm not a happy camper.

I'm not looking forward to the next few days of cold rainy weather , but suppose I will survive. I'll just cozy up in my warmest clothes and venture out as little as possible and when I do I'll be grateful it isn't in the single digits here.

On another note( a much happier one), Bridget mailed me a great package of pedicure stuff. Now that's a true friend mailing me something I absolutely love, a few days before HER birthday. Thanks B for thinkin gof me. You delicious package along with a little something else I put together will be in your hand in just a few days. I hope you have a fabulous day.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIDGET!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I have you as the weather lady. I haven't checked yet. Seriously 35 degrees. No wonder I am FREEZING.

Bridget said...

Thanks for the sweet words Ang. Hope you all are able to stay warm there. Can't wait to get my package. :) I will have to run extra tomorrow so I can enjoy my fill of food later in the week.

Anonymous said...

Freezing rain is not fun to drive it. We get freezing rain a lot where we live. Just stay inside!!!!! Are high on Monday is going to be 25. It is going to warm up to 35 on Friday!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i would love for a 35 degree day! we just drove home from my parents and it was 9 degrees. 9 degrees!!! i am hating it. even christian said on the way home that he's "ready for summer and done with this cold!" i couldn't agree more. and i understand that 35 feels like 9 when it's typically so much warmer than that. good luck! get some hot chocolate and stay in.

Anonymous said...

I sent the kids out to see if our pool froze! Hard to believe, but my sis n law emailed us a photo of her in laws in Fountain Hills (more elevated than us)and their pool was frozen! They had a box of crackers resting on the ice!!

I am a whimp with cold compared to Anna, does it get colder than -30
below!!haha YIKES! -ciao

Anonymous said...

We're having our own cold snap. It's been in the single digits in the Northwest for the past several days. Brrrr!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are so cold! I actually love winter. I love getting all cozy warm inside with turtlenecks and hot cocoa. Hopefully, you texas girls will soon be back outside...walking in your shorts!:)

Anna said...

Hope you stay warm!

Jill said...

That's some nice good mail from Bridget, how sweet of her.

That picture of your flag in the rain is pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.