Friday, January 05, 2007

RSV

Maryn has had a runny nose for about a month, and thanks to my morning walks and the cold temperatures, hasn't been able to shake it. Last week, I went in to tuck her in before I went to bed and found her breathing short fast breathes. It sounded like she had been running and was out of breathe. I grabbed her out of bed and decided to let her sleep with us so we would be more aware of her condition. She continued to breathe these quick breathes all night so I called the pediatrician the next morning.

Greg took her and they gave her a breathing treatment and determined she had a mild case of RSV. The reason they labeled it "mild" was because she was a little older so it made her having RSV not as bad as a baby a little bit younger. She has been given steroids and takes breathing treatments several times a day, which she HATES! and seems to be feeling better.

Hopefully she is on the mend and will soon be back to herself, not that HERSELF is all that grand these days, but at least I just have to deal with terrible two's without the grumpy sickies.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Oh NO!!! Eva had this last January and it was so not fun. We did the breathing treatments several times a day. Funny thing is, she finally gave in to them and then they would put her to sleep! Hmmmm.... maybe I ought to drag that nebulizer out of her closet...

Bridget said...

Poor Maryn! No fun at all. I am so glad you four got to go out this weekend. Sounds like a good time. Congrats at being so brave at church. :)

Anonymous said...

I hope she is on the mends too. That seriously freaked me out when you were talking about her breathing like that. I hope mine don't get it. Although, it was freezing this morning. Poor Weston, the things I do for exercise!