Saturday, June 24, 2006

pat green










Greg and I went to the Pat Green concert at Floore's Country Store in Helotes tonight. This is the second time we have seen him. This first time was during third year of residency when we went with Mitch and Steph Larsen to "Cowboys" to see him. I only know a few of his songs but enjoy watching him perform. He is a fun entertainer to watch even though some of his songs are a little risque. As you can see, from the pictures, it was a bit warm and humid during the outdoor concert. Pat's shirt started out dry but by song #3 he was sweating pretty good and by the end of the hour and a half show he was drenched with sweat. I'm sure he was smelling lovely as were Greg and I, thanks to the humidty and the crowd raising their beer and spilling them has they scream and dance. We had a really fun time but, I have decided I'm almost too old for late night "partying". I was a total zombie after getting home at 1 am and helping Greg pack until 330 am, and then having to get back up at 5 to get him ot the airport. I don't know if I will ever recover from the sleep deprivation.

4 comments:

jess said...

we've seen pat green here in beaumont. (a few years ago at the civic center.) he did a great job then. lol . . . we didn't have beer spilt on us just pot smokers around us that were there to see 'cross canadian rag weed'. ~jess~

Jill said...

That's some serious sweat. The poor guy must have felt disgusting. It's nice that you and your husband could get out together though.

jenny said...

Okay I can't believe how sweaty he really was. You weren't kidding when you said that he was soaked. Glad you guys got a little night out before he left to go away FOREVER!!

Anonymous said...

Papa and I had our first date at Floore's Country Store. We saw Stonewall Jackson. I'll bet he isn't even around anymore much less singing. We went back many more times. Saw Ferlin Huskey, Ray Price.... It was a LONG time ago. Glad to see the family still having fun there.